||Up to two Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family CPUs with 18 or 16 cores (2.3 GHz core speeds); or 14, 12, or 10 cores (up to 2.6 GHz core speeds); or 8 cores (up to 3.2 GHz core speeds); or 6 cores (up to 3.4 GHz core speeds); or 4 cores (up to 3.5 GHz core speeds). Two QPI links up to 9.6 GT/s each. Up to 2133 MHz memory speed. Up to 45 MB L3 cache.
||Up to 24 DIMM sockets (12 DIMMs per processor). RDIMMs and LRDIMMs (Load Reduced DIMMs) are supported. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2133 MHz.
- With RDIMMs: Up to 768 GB with 24x 32 GB RDIMMs and two processors
- With LRDIMMs: Up to 1.5 TB with 24x 64 GB LRDIMMs and two processors
||Error correction code (ECC), Chipkill (for x4-based memory DIMMs).
- Up to 12x 2.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays: 10x 2.5" (front) + 2x 2.5" (rear)
- Up to 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays: 4x 2.5" (front) + 4x 2.5" (front)
- Up to 8x 2.5" SATA Simple Swap drive bays: 4x 2.5" (front) + 4x 2.5" (front)
- 4x 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays
- 4x 3.5" SATA Simple Swap drive bays
Intermix of SAS and SATA drives is supported.
- Up to 46 TB with 3.84 TB 2.5" SAS SSDs
- Up to 40 TB with 10 TB 3.5" NL SAS or NL SATA HDDs
- Up to 24 TB with 2 TB 2.5" NL SATA HDDs
- Up to 21.6 TB with 1.8 TB 2.5" SAS HDDs
- Onboard 6 Gb SATA: no RAID support
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA RAID: RAID 0, 1, 10 with M1215 or M5210. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M1215. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M5210 (zero-cache; 1 GB non-backed cache; 1 GB, 2 GB, or 4 GB flash-backed cache). Optional upgrade to RAID 6, 60 is available for M5210 with memory cache upgrades. Optional SSD Caching and Performance Accelerator upgrades are available.
- 12 Gb SAS/SATA non-RAID: N2215 HBA
|Optical drive bays
||One, optional, for models with 4 or 8 drive bays (models with 10 drive bays do not support an internal optical drive). Support for DVD-ROM or Multiburner.
|Tape drive bays
- 4x Integrated RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T ports (BCM5719).
- 1x Optional Mezzanine LOM (ML2) slot for dual-port 10 GbE cards with SFP+ or RJ-45 connectors or quad-port GbE cards with RJ-45 connectors.
- 1x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet systems management port.
|PCI Expansion slots
||Up to four slots, depending on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x16 or ML2; low profile, half-length (not present if the HDD Rear Kit is installed)
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile or full-height, half-length (PCIe 3.0 x16 slot requires the second processor to be installed) (not present if the HDD Rear Kit is installed)
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile, half-length
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8 (dedicated for an internal RAID controller)
- Front: 1x USB 2.0 (8x 2.5" drive bay models) or 2x USB 2.0 l (4x 3.5" and 10x 2.5" drive bay models), 1x USB 3.0, and 1x DB-15 video.
- Rear: 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, ans 1x DB-15 video. Optional 1x DB-9 serial port.
- Internal: 1x USB 3.0 port (for embedded hypervisor).
- Internal: 1x SD Media Adapter slot (for embedded hypervisor)
||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with up to eight redundant hot-swap fans (six standard, additional two with the second processor or with the x3550 M5 Thermal Solution Kit); dual fan zones with N+1 fan redundancy; each fan has two motors.
||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W, 750 W, or 900 W (100-240V), or 1500 W (200-240V) High Efficiency Platinum AC power supplies, or 750 W High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies, or 900 W High Efficiency -48 V DC power supplies.
||Hard drives, power supplies, and fans.
||Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1) based on Renesas SH7758, Predictive Failure Analysis, light path diagnostics, Automatic Server Restart, ToolsCenter, XClarity Administrator, and Intel Node Manager. Optional Advanced Management Module Advanced Upgrade for remote presence (graphics, keyboard and mouse, virtual media).
||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0-ready. Optional lockable front bezel.
||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.
||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 and 12; VMware vSphere (ESXi) 5.1, 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5.
||Three-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5/Next Business Day (NBD).
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through the Lenovo Services: 4-hour or 2-hour response time, 8 hours fix time, one-year or two-year warranty extension, remote technical support for System x hardware and selected System x and third-party (Microsoft, Linux, VMware) software.
||Height: 43 mm (1.7 in), width: 429 mm (16.9 in), depth: 734 mm (28.9 in)
||Minimum configuration: 13.8 kg (30.5 lb), maximum: 19.3 kg (42.7 lb)