The IBM® System x3530 M4, 1U dual-socket server
With support for the latest Intel® Xeon® E5-2400 processor technology, the IBM System x3530 M4 offers cost-optimized performance and memory with better energy efficiency. The x3530 M4 helps give growing businesses and branch offices a simpler, more affordable alternative to traditional enterprise offerings without sacrificing performance. For more storage-intensive workloads, the x3530 M4 can provide up to 12 TB of internal storage capacity.
Flexible options, more affordable growth
The x3530 M4 offers added flexibility and an innovative design to help you more easily and cost effectively add new features as your requirements change. Depending on the model you select, these can include graphic card support, advanced RAID and light path diagnostics, hot-swap hard disk drives, rich remote-management capabilities and a shared or dedicated port for system management. Expandable PCIe slots and NIC ports let you pay for the capabilities as you need them.
Ideal applications include backup server, virtualization, Office server, web 2.0, imagery, video or photo sharing, online gaming, communication and collaboration (including blogs and messaging), file and print, mail server, transactional data and ERP.
- Cost-optimized performance and memory in a small 2U footprint
- Flexible design helps provide extensive configuration options and ability to upgrade to more robust features as needs change over time
- Generous internal storage capacity available to support data-intensive workloads
- Expandable PCIe slots and NIC ports let you pay for the capabilities as you need them
- Hot-swappable hard disk drives and power supplies to help improve system serviceability
- A robust portfolio of systems management tools help simplify management tasks
- 2U chassis
- Dual-socket server supporting 2-, 4-, 6-, and 8-core processors, up to 1600 MHz memory access speed
- Up to 384 GB DDR-3 RDIMM memory via 12 DIMM slots
- Up to 8 TB SAS/SATA (2.5-inch model) or 12 TB SAS/SATA (3.5-inch model)
- Supported operating systems: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware vSphere