The HP 5920 Switch Series is made up of high-density 10GbE, ultra-deep packet buffering, top-of-rack (ToR) switches. These switches are part of the HP FlexNetwork architecture's HP FlexFabric solution module and are ideally suited for deployments at the server access layer of large enterprise data centers. The HP 5920 Switch Series is also designed for content delivery networks, especially when used to reduce network congestion at the I/O that is associated with the heavy use of server virtualization, as well as bursty multimedia, storage applications, and other critical services. With the increase in virtualized applications and server-to-server traffic, customers now require ToR switch innovations that will meet their needs for higher-performance server connectivity, convergence of Ethernet and storage traffic, the capability to handle virtual environments, and ultra-deep packet buffering all in a single device.
Quality of Service (QoS)
• Powerful QoS features: Flexible classification: creates traffic classes based on access control lists (ACLs), IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence; supports filter, redirect, mirror, remark, and logging. Feature support: provides support for Strict Priority Queuing (SP), Weighted Fair Queuing (WFQ), Weighted Deficit Round Robin(WDRR), SP+WDRR together, configurable buffers, Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN), and Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED).
Data center optimized
• High-performance 10GbE switching: enables you to scale your server-edge 10GbE ToR deployments with 24 high-density 10GbE ports delivered in a 1RU design; delivers a 480 Gbps (357.12 Mpps) switching capacity in addition to incorporating 3.6 GB of packet buffers
• IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network, facilitating easy mapping by network management applications
Resiliency and high availability
• Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF): HP IRF technology enables an HP FlexFabric to deliver resilient, scalable, and secured data center networks for physical and virtualized environments; up to four 5920 switches can be grouped together in an IRF configuration, which allows them to be configured and managed as a single switch with a single IP address; this simplifies ToR deployment and management, reducing data center deployment and operating expenses
Layer 2 switching
• Address Resolution Protocols (ARP): supports static, dynamic, and reverse ARP and ARP proxy
Layer 3 services
• Address Resolution Protocol (ARP): determines the MAC address of another IP host in the same subnet; supports static ARPs; gratuitous ARP allows detection of duplicate IP addresses; proxy ARP allows normal ARP operation between subnets or when subnets are separated by a Layer 2 network
Layer 3 routing
• Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and VRRP Extended: allow quick failover of router ports
Inkl. i leveransen
(1) HP 5920AF-24XG Switch